I finished grad school, and I officially have three new initials to put after my name!
Mom and Dad came out for graduation weekend.
We saw some sights,
I wore great shoes and my friends and I pretended we were at prom,
We celebrated with people who came from far and wide,
And the next day, we threw a party with lots of finger foods.
Menu items included:
– Pioneer Woman’s bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers
– Pioneer Woman’s hot artichoke dip (from her cookbook)
– Stuffed mushrooms
– White bean hummus
– Deviled eggs (Mom makes the best ones with relish and mayo)
– Bacon-wrapped smokies (self-explanatory)
– Bacon-wrapped water chestnuts (soak the chestnuts in a mixture of Worcestershire, soy sauce, and balsamic vinegar for 30 minutes before wrapping them)
– Goat cheese toasts
– Caprese skewers (fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, and half a cherry tomato on a toothpick)
– Pioneer Woman’s best chocolate sheet cake ever
And lots of beer.
It feels good to be done. Next step: find a job. I’ll keep you posted.